기존/개선 수치 해석 기법을 이용한 계류 체인 링크의 면외 굽힘 강성
Out-Of-Plane Bending Stiffnesses in Offshore Mooring Chain Links Based on Conventional and Advanced Numerical Simulation Techniques
After an accident involving mooring link failures in an offloading buoy, verification of the fatigue safety in terms of the out-of-plane bending (OPB) and in-plane bending (IPB) moments has become a key engineering item in the design of various floating offshore units. The mooring links for an 8 MW floating offshore wind turbine were selected for this study. To identify the OPB stiffness (OPB moment versus interlink angle), a numerical simulation model, called the 3-link model, is usually composed of three successive chain links closest to the fairlead or chain hawse. This paper introduces two numerical simulation techniques for the 3-link analyses. The conventional and advanced approaches are both based on the prescribed rotation approach (PRA) and direct tension approach (DTA). Comparisons of the nominal stress distributions, OPB stiffnesses, hotspot stress curves, and stress concentration curves are presented. The multiple link analyses used to identify the tension angle versus interlink angle require the OPB stiffness data from the 3-link analyses. A convergence study was conducted to determine the minimum number of links for a multi-link analysis. It was proven that 10 links were sufficient for the multi-link analysis. The tension angle versus interlink angle relations are presented based on multi-link analyses with 10 links. It was found that the subsequent results varied significantly according to the 3-link analysis techniques.
- Rampi, L., Bignonnet, A., Cunff, C.L., Bourgin, F., Vargas, P., 2016b. Chain out of Plane Bending(OPB) Fatigue Joint Industry Project(JIP) Fatigue Test Program Results and Methodology. Proceedings of the 35th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Busan, South Korea.
- Choung, J., Han, S., 2016b. A Novel Approach to Predict Mooring Chain Fatigue Considering Out-of-Plane and In-Plane Bending Effects. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Ships and Offshore Structures, Hamburg, Germany.
- Bureau Veritas(BV), 2014. Fatigue of Top Chain of Mooring Lines due to In-plane and Out-of-plane Bendings: Guidance Note NI 604 DT R00E. BV, France.
- Choung, J., Han, S., 2016a. A Novel Procedure for Mooring Chain Fatigue Prediction based on Maximum Principal Stress Considering Out-of-Plane and In-Plane Bending Effects. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 53(3), 237-248.
- Choung, J., Lee, J., 2018. Study on Prediction of Stresses by Out-of-Plane and In-Plane Bending Moments in Offshore Mooring Chain. Ships and Offshore Structures, 1-15.
- Det Norske Veritas(DNV), 2010. Offshore Mooring Chain: Offshore Standard DNV-OS-E302. DNV, Norway.
- Jean, P., Goessens, K., L'Hostis, D., 2005. Failure of Chains by Bending on Deepwater Mooring Systems. Proceedings of the Offshore Technology Conference, Houston Texas, USA.
- Kim, M., Kim, Y., 2017. Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis for Mooring Chain Considering OPB/IPB. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 31(4), 299-307.
- Li, C.B., Choung, J., Noh, M.H., 2018. Wide-banded Fatigue Damage Evaluation of Catenary Mooring Lines using Various Artificial Neural Networks models. Marine Structures, 60, 186-200.
- Lim, Y., Kim, K., Choung, J., Kang. C., 2010. A Study on Out-of-Plane Bending Mechanism of Mooring Chains for Floating Offshore Plants. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 47(4), 580-588.
- Melis, C., Jean, P., Vargas, P., 2005. Out-of-Plane Bending Testing of Chain Links. Proceedings of 24th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Halkidiki, Greece.
- Rampi, L., Vargas, P., 2006. Fatigue Testing of Out-of-Plane Bending Mechanism of Chain Links. Proceedings of 25th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Hamburg, Germany.
- Lee, J.B., Koo, W., Choung, J., 2018, Out-of-Plane Bending Moment-Induced Hotspot Stress Evaluation Using Advanced Numerical Technique. Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Madrid, Spain.
- Rampi, L., Dewi, F., Vargas, P., 2015. Chain Out of Plane Bending(OPB) Joint Industry Project(JIP) Summary and Main Results. Proceedings of the Offshore Technology Conference, Houston Texas, USA.
- Rampi, L., Dewi, F., Francois, M., Gerthoffert, A., Vargas, P., 2016a. Chain out of Plane Bending(OPB) Fatigue Joint Industry Project(JIP) Static Test Program and OPB Interlink Stiffness. Proceedings of the 35th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Busan, South Korea.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기