의료처치 및 환자 비밀유지에 대한 중환자실 간호사와 일반병동 간호사의 윤리적 갈등 경험 비교연구
Comparison of Experiences of Ethical Dilemma between Intensive Care Unit and General Unit Nurses regarding Treatment Decisions and Confidentiality
Purpose : This study compares experiences of ethical dilemma between nurses working in intensive care units and those in general units under specific situations of treatment decisions and confidentiality. Method : This cross-sectional descriptive study utilizes the self-report survey method. The survey questionnaires were completed by 50 and 52 nurses working in intensive care units and general units, respectively. The instrument, which consisted of 16 items of ethical dilemma situations about treatment decision and confidentiality, was used. The mean scores for each item were compared between the two groups. Results : The study found no differences in terms of age, gender, education level, clinical experience in years, and being educated on healthcare ethics. For 9 out of 16 items, the mean scores of nurses in intensive care units were significantly higher than those of nurses in general units. Conclusions : Nurses in intensive care units experienced ethical dilemmas regarding treatment decisions and confidentiality more often than those in general units. This study emphasizes the need to establish strategies for improving the ethical competence of critical care nurses.
- Azoulay, E., Chaize, M., & Kentish-Barnes, N. (2014). Involvement of ICU families in decisions: Fine-tuning the partnership. Annals of Intensive Care, 4 (37), 1-10.
- Baggio, M. A., Pomatti, D. M., Bettinelli, L. A., & Erdmann, A. L. (2011). Privacy in critical care units: The patient's rights and implications for nursing professionals. Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem, 64 (1), 25-30.
- Bull, E. M., & Sorlie, V. (2016). Ethical challenges when intensive care unit patients refuse nursing care: A narrative approach. Nursing Ethics, 23 (2), 214-222.
- Burston, A. S., & Tuckett, A. G. (2013). Moral distress in nursing: Contributing factors, outcomes and interventions. Nursing Ethics, 20 (3), 312-324.
- Cardona-Morrell, M., Kim, J. C. H., Turner, R. M., Anstey, M., Mitchell, I. A., & Hillman, K. (2016). Non-beneficial treatments in hospital at the end of life: A systematic review on extent of the problem. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 28 (4), 456-469.
- Falco-Pegueroles, A., Lluch-Canut, T., Roldan-Merino, J., Goberna-Tricas, J., & Guardia-Olmos, J. (2015). Ethical conflict in critical care nursing: Correlation between exposure and types. Nursing Ethics, 22 (5), 594-607.
- Fernandes, M. I., & Moreira, I. M. (2013). Ethical issues experienced by intensive care unit nurses in everyday practice. Nursing Ethics, 20 (1), 72-82.
- Ganz, F. D., & Berkovitz, K. (2012). Surgical nurses' perceptions of ethical dilemmas, moral distress and quality of care. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68 (7), 1516-1525.
- Gorka, C., Craig, J. M., & Spielman, B. J. (2017). Growing an ethics consultation service: A longitudinal study examining two decades of practice. AJOB Empirical Bioethics, 8(2), 116-127.
- Harman, L. (2005). HIPAA: A few years later. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 10 (2), 95-110.
- Karnik, S., & Kanekar, A. (2016). Ethical issues surrounding end-of-life care: A narrative review. Healthcare, 4 (2), 1-6.
- Kinoshita, S. (2007). Respecting the wishes of patients in intensive care units. Nursing Ethics, 14 (5), 651-664.
- Kleinpell, R., Farmer, J. C., & Pastores, S. M. (2018). Reducing unnecessary testing in the intensive care unit by choosing wisely. Acute and Critical Care, 33 (1), 1-6.
- Kon, A. A., Shepard, E. K., Sederstrom, N. O., Swoboda, S. M., Marshall, M. F., Birriel, B., & Rincon, F. (2016). Defining futile and potentially inappropriate interventions: A policy statement from the Society of Critical Care Medicine Ethics Committee. Critical Care Medicine, 44 (9), 1769-1774.
- Kotecha, N., Shapiro, J. M., Cardasis, J., & Narayanswami, G. (2017). Reducing unnecessary laboratory testing in the medical ICU. The American Journal of Medicine, 130 (6), 648-651.
- Latour, J. M., & Albarran, J. W. (2012). Privacy, dignity and confidentiality: A time to reflect on practice. Nursing in Critical Care, 17 (3), 109-111.
- Lautrette, A., Peigne, V., Watts, J., Souweine, B., & Azoulay, E. (2008). Surrogate decision makers for incompetent ICU patients: A European perspective. Current Opinion in Critical Care, 14 (6), 714-719.
- McAndrew, N. S., Leske, J., & Schroeter, K. (2018). Moral distress in critical care nursing: The state of the science. Nursing Ethics, 25 (5), 552-570.
- McCullough, J., & Schell-Chaple, H. (2013). Maintaining patients' privacy and confidentiality with family communications in the intensive care unit. Critical Care Nurse, 33 (5), 77-79.
- McGowan, C. (2012). Patients' confidentiality. Critical Care Nurse, 32 (5), 61-64.
- Mobley, M. J., Rady, M. Y., Verheijde, J. L., Patel, B., & Larson, J. S. (2007). The relationship between moral distress and perception of futile care in the critical care unit. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, 23 (5), 256-263.
- National Law Information Center. (n.d.). Medical Law. Retrieved October 1, 2018, from http://law.go.kr/LSW/main.html
- Park, M., Jeon, S. H., Hong, H. J., & Cho, S. H. (2014). A comparison of ethical issues in nursing practice across nursing units. Nursing Ethics, 21 (5), 594-607.
- Rigaud, J., Large, A., Meunier-Beillard, N., Gelinotte, S., Declercq, P. L., Ecarnot, F., . . . Quenot, J. (2017). What are the ethical aspects surrounding intensive care unit admission in patients with cancer?. Annals of Translational Medicine, 5 (Suppl 4), S42.
- Shoorideh, F. A., Ashktorab, T., Yaghmaei, F., & Alavi Majd, H. (2015). Relationship between ICU nurses' moral distress with burnout and anticipated turnover. Nursing Ethics, 22 (1), 64-76.
- Vig, E. K. (2018). Weekly rounding with the MICU team: Description of clinical ethics project. American Journal of Hospital Palliative Care, Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/1049909118795478
- Vincent, J. (2013). Critical care-where have we been and where are we going?. Critical Care, 17 (Suppl 1), S2.
- Wagner, N., & Ronen, I. (1996). Ethical dilemmas experienced by hospital and community nurses: An Israeli survey. Nursing Ethics, 3 (4), 294-304.
- Wiegand, D. L., MacMillan, J., dos Santos, M. R., & Bousso, R. S. (2015). Palliative and end-of-life ethical dilemmas in the intensive care unit. AACN Advanced Critical Care, 26 (2), 142-150.
- Yont, G. H., Korhan, E. A., Dizer, B., Gumus, F., & Koyuncu, R. (2014). Examination of ethical dilemmas experienced by adult intensive care unit nurses in physical restraint practices. Holistic Nursing Practice, 28 (2), 85-90.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2010 "간호사의 특성과 노인학대에 대한 심각성 인식에 관한 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 17 (1): 109~118
- 2010 "여성노인에서 학대 시 신고 의향에 영향을 미치는 요인" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 16 (3): 245~254
- 2010 "노인학대에 대한 인식과 신고의향: 간호사와 노인의 비교연구" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 24 (2): 270~284
- 2010 "법인 택시기사의 승객피해 경험과 사업장 안전문화수준에 따른 신체적 정서적 건강" 산업간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing 19 (2): 246~257
- 2012 "Factors Related to Korean Nurses' Willingness to Report Suspected Elder Abuse" Asian nursing research 6 (3): 115~119
- 2012 "병원간호사의 직무 스트레스 회복경험과 소진과의 관계" 한국직업건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of occupational health nursing 21 (2): 87~97
- 2013 "임상간호사의 감정노동과 소진과의 관계에서 감정부조화의 매개효과" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 19 (5): 647~657
- 2013 "일개 여자대학교 학생의 사전의사결정서 작성의향에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 20 (1): 46~55
- 2014 "여성노인의 세대 간 사회적 지원교환과 자기효능감이 우울정도에 미치는 영향" KJWHN : Korean journal of women health nursing 20 (4): 277~286
- 2015 "일개 간호대학교 학생의 감성지능과 소진과의 관계에서 스트레스의 매개효과" 韓國學校保健學會誌 = The Journal of the Korean society of school health 28 (3): 239~247
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기