흰쥐의 불용성 근위축에 양릉천 자침이 미치는 효과
The Effects of Acupuncture at GB34 on Disuse Muscle Atrophy in Rats
Objectives Disuse muscle atrophy occurs in response to pathologies such as joint immobilization, inactivity or bed rest. Muscle disuse is accompanied by an increase in apoptotic signaling, which mediates some of the responses to unloading in the muscle. GB34 (Yanglingquan) is a acupuncture point on the lower leg and one of the most frequently used points in various skeletomuscular diseases. In this study, the hypothesis that the acupuncture at GB34 could attenuate immobilization-induced skeletal muscle atrophy was tested. Methods The left hindlimb immobilization was performed with casting tape in both GB34 group (n=10) and Control group (n=10). The rats in GB34 group were daily treated with acupuncture at GB34. After 2 weeks of immobilization, the morphology of right and left gastrocnemius muscles in both GB34 and Control groups were assessed by hematoxylin and eosin staining. To investigate the immobilization-induced muscular apoptosis, the immunohistochemical analysis of Bax and Bcl-2 was carried out. Results GB34 group represented the significant protective effects against the reductions of the left gastrocnemius muscles weight and average cross section area to compared with Control group. The acupuncture at GB34 significantly reduced the immunoreactivity of BAX and increased the immunoreactivity of Bcl-2 in gastrocnemius muscle compared with Control group. Conclusions These results suggest that the acupuncture at GB34 has protective effects against immobilization-induced muscle atrophy by regulating the activities of apoptosis-associated BAX/Bcl-2 proteins in gastrocnemius muscle.
- Wall BT, van Loon LJ. Nutritional strategies to attenuate muscle disuse atrophy. Nutr Rev. 2013;71(4):195-208.
- Wall BT, Dirks ML, van Loon LJ. Skeletal muscle atrophy during short-term disuse: implications for age-related sarcopenia. Ageing Res Rev. 2013;12(4):898-906.
- Valenzuela PL, Morales JS, Pareja-Galeano H, Izquierdo M, Emanuele E, de la Villa P, Lucia A. Physical strategies to prevent disuse-induced functional decline in the elderly. Ageing Res Rev. 2018;47(1):80-8.
- Pileggi CA, Hedges CP, D'Souza RF, Durainayagam BR, Markworth JF, Hickey AJR, Mitchell CJ, Cameron-Smith D. Exercise recovery increases skeletal muscle H2O2 emission and mitochondrial respiratory capacity following two-weeks of limb immobilization. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;124(1):241-8.
- Kozakowska M, Pietraszek-Gremplewicz K, Jozkowicz A, Dulak J. The role of oxidative stress in skeletal muscle injury and regeneration: focus on antioxidant enzymes. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2015;36(6):377-93.
- Hu NF, Chang H, Du B, Zhang QW, Arfat Y, Dang K, Gao YF. Tetramethylpyrazine ameliorated disuse-induced gastrocnemius muscle atrophy in hindlimb unloading rats through suppression of Ca2+/ROS-mediated apoptosis. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2017;42(2):117-27.
- Siu PM, Pistilli EE, Butler DC, Alway SE. Aging influences cellular and molecular responses of apoptosis to skeletal muscle unloading. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288(2):338-49.
- Siu PM, Pistilli EE, Alway SE. Apoptotic responses to hindlimb suspension in gastrocnemius muscles from young adult and aged rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;289(4):1015-26.
- Textbook Committee of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. The Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 1st ed. Seoul:Jipmoondang, 2001:382-4.
- Watson P. Modulation of involuntary movements in cerebral palsy with acupuncture. Acupunct Med. 2009;27(2):76-8.
- Kwon HY, Kim JH. The effects of Yanggnungchon(G34) acupuncture on the muscle fatigue. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2008;25(2):115-23.
- Youn DH, You PS, Kim WI, Kim MR, Choi DH, Na CS. Effects of laser acupuncture therapy according to the wavelength at GB34.GB39 on neuropathic pain rat induced by tibial and sural nerve transection. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2014;31(4):195-207.
- Wang JY, Gao YH, Qiao LN, Zhang JL, Duan-Mu CL, Yan YX, Chen SP, Liu JL. Repeated electroacupuncture treatment attenuated hyperalgesia through suppression of spinal glial activation in chronic neuropathic pain rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18(1):74-84.
- Lee JT, Lee BR, Yang GY, Lee HY, Yim YK. A study on the effect of herbal-acupuncture with Artemisiae Capillaris Herba at GB34 on hyperlipidemia in rat. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2010;27(1):107-23.
- Kim BS, Lee HY, Yim YK. The effect of electro-acupuncture at ST36 on carbon tetrachloride-induced chronic hepatic damage in rats. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2015;32(3):90-8.
- Jung JC, Kim KH, Park YC, Kim HB, Lee SH, Chang DI, Lee YH. The study on the effect of acupuncture on UPDRS and heart rate variability in the patients with idiopathic parkinson's disease. The Acupunct. 2006;23(3):143-53.
- So RC, Ng JK, Ng GY. Effect of transcutaneous electrical acupoint stimulation on fatigue recovery of the quadriceps. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2007;100(6):693-700.
- Udaka J, Terui T, Ohtsuki I, Marumo K, Ishiwata S, Kurihara S, Fukuda N. Depressed contractile performance and reduced fatigue resistance in single skinned fibers of soleus muscle after long-term disuse in rats. J Appl Physiol. 2011;111(4):1080-7.
- Tanahashi N, Shikami J, Yoneda M, Ishida T. Effects of manual acupuncture at GB34 on carbon tetrachlorideinduced acute liver injury in rats. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2011;4(4):214-9.
- Matsumoto Y, Nakano J, Oga S, Kataoka H, Honda Y, Sakamoto J, Okita M. The non-thermal effects of pulsed ultrasound irradiation on the development of disuse muscle atrophy in rat gastrocnemius muscle. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2014;40(7):1578-86.
- Lee G, Lim JY, Frontera WR. Apoptosis in young and old denervated rat skeletal muscle. Muscle Nerve. 2017;55(2):262-9.
- Zhang SF, Zhang Y, Li B, Chen N. Physical inactivity induces the atrophy of skeletal muscle of rats through activating AMPK/FoxO3 signal pathway. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2018;22(1):199-209.
- Alway SE, Bennett BT, Wilson JC, Sperringer J, Mohamed JS, Edens NK, Pereira SL. Green tea extract attenuates muscle loss and improves muscle function during disuse, but fails to improve muscle recovery following unloading in aged rats. J Appl Physiol. 2015;118(3):319-30.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "보폐양영전(保肺養營煎)이 알레르기 염증반응에 미치는 영향" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 22 (3): 660~665
- 2009 "청폐사간탕(淸肺潟肝湯)이 MCAO에 의한 흰쥐의 뇌허혈 손상에 미치는 영향" 대한예방한의학회지 = Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine 13 (1): 13~27
- 2009 "망초(芒硝)의 사하작용(瀉下作用)이 MCAO 흰쥐 뇌조직의 Bax 및 HSP72 발현에 미치는 영향" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 23 (4): 818~824
- 2009 "대황(大黃)이 뇌허혈 손상에 의한 뇌부종에 미치는 영향" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 23 (4): 866~871
- 2009 "망초(芒硝)의 사하작용(瀉下作用)이 MCAO 흰쥐의 뇌부종(腦浮腫)에 미치는 영향" 大韓韓醫學會誌 = Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine 30 (5): 77~87
- 2010 "LPS로 유도된 RAW264.7 염증모델에서 MAPK 조절에 의한 양유(羊乳)의 항염증효과" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 24 (1): 80~84
- 2010 "흰쥐의 전층피부손상에서 온청음(溫淸飮)이 신생혈관형성에 미치는 영향" 대한예방한의학회지 = Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine 14 (1): 97~110
- 2011 "황금(黃芩)이 척수압박손상 흰쥐의 운동기능장애에 미치는 영향" 大韓鍼灸學會誌= The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society 28 (3): 33~42
- 2011 "대황(大黃)이 흰쥐의 위점막 손상에 미치는 영향" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 25 (1): 71~77
- 2011 "Effects of Danggwieumja on the Healing of Full-Thickness Skin Injury in Rat" 동의생리병리학회지 = Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine 25 (5): 887~893
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기