요추기능제한을 동반한 입원 환자들에게 있어서 견인보행운동요법을 포함한 통합한의치료의 유효성: 후향적 의무기록 분석
Effectiveness of Korean Medical Treatments, Including Motion-Style-Acupuncture-Treatment Using Traction, on Inpatients with Low Back Disability: A Retrospective Chart Review
Objectives Low back disability, along with low back pain, places a significant social burden in terms of work loss and medical expenses. Motion-Style-Acupuncture-Treatment using Traction (T-MSAT) is employed as one of the conservative treatments to such conditions. In the present study, effectiveness of Korean Medical treatments, including T-MSAT, was investigated in inpatients with low back disability and low back pain. Methods Among the patients who were admitted between January 2018 to June 2018 with disabled low back function, ones that were treated with T-MSAT were identified. Pain and function were compared at the point of admission and discharge, using Numerical Rating Scale (NRS) and Oswestry Disability Index (ODI), respectively. Results Over the hospitalization period of 34.55 days, pain intensity significantly decreased from NRS score of 6.14 to 3.26 and low back function also significantly improved from ODI score of 50.93 to 33.73 upon receiving Korean Medical treatments including T-MSAT. Conclusions Korean Medical treatments including T-MSAT were found to be effective in inpatients with low back disability with a statistical significance. To evaluate the sole effectiveness of T-MSAT, rigorous clinical trials are necessitated in future.
- Hoy D, March L, Brooks P, Blyth F, Woolf A, Bain C, Williams G, Smith E, Vos T, Barendregt J. The global burden of low back pain: estimates from the Global Burden of Disease 2010 study. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. 2014;73(6):968-74.
- Ghaffari M, Alipour A, Farshad AA, Jensen I, Josephson M, Vingard E. Effect of psychosocial factors on low back pain in industrial workers. Occupational Medicine. 2008;58(5):341-7.
- Koes B, Van Tulder M, Thomas S. Diagnosis and treatment of low back pain. BMJ. 2006;332(7555):1430-4.
- Hoy D, Brooks P, Blyth F, Buchbinder R. The epidemiology of low back pain. Best Practice and Research Clinical Rheumatology. 2010;24(6):769-81.
- Balague F, Mannion AF, Pellise F, Cedraschi C. Nonspecific low back pain. The Lancet. 2012;379(9814):482-91.
- Vos T, Abajobir AA, Abate KH, Abbafati C, Abbas KM, Abd-Allah F, Abdulkader RS, Abdulle AM, Abebo TA, Abera SF. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. The Lancet. 2017;390(10100):1211-59.
- Dieleman JL, Baral R, Birger M, Bui AL, Bulchis A, Chapin A, Hamavid H, Horst C, Johnson EK, Joseph J. US spending on personal health care and public health, 1996-2013. JAMA. 2016;316(24):2627-46.
- Oliveira CB, Maher CG, Pinto RZ, Traeger AC, Lin CWC, Chenot JF, van Tulder M, Koes BW. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of non-specific low back pain in primary care: an updated overview. European Spine Journal. 2018;1-13. doi.org/10.1007/s00586-018-5673-2.
- Pillastrini P, Gardenghi I, Bonetti F, Capra F, Guccione A, Mugnai R, Violante FS. An updated overview of clinical guidelines for chronic low back pain management in primary care. Joint Bone Spine. 2012;79(2):176-85.
- Li LC, Bombardier C. Physical therapy management of low back pain: an exploratory survey of therapist approaches. Physical Therapy. 2001;81(4):1018-28.
- Harte AA, Gracey JH, Baxter GD. Current use of lumbar traction in the management of low back pain: results of a survey of physiotherapists in the United Kingdom. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2005;86(6):1164-9.
- Jaeschke R, Singer J, Guyatt GH. Measurement of health status: ascertaining the minimal clinically important difference. Controlled Clinical Trials. 1989;10(4):407-15.
- Ostelo RW, Deyo RA, Stratford P, Waddell G, Croft P, Von Korff M, Bouter LM, Henrica CW. Interpreting change scores for pain and functional status in low back pain: towards international consensus regarding minimal important change. Spine. 2008;33(1):90-4.
- Ostelo RW, Henrica CW. Clinically important outcomes in low back pain. Best Practice and Research Clinical Rheumatology. 2005;19(4):593-607.
- Ma SY, Kim HD. The efficacy of spinal decompression via DRX3000 combined with a spinal mobilization and a lumbar stabilization exercise program for patients with discogenic low back pain. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2010;22(4):345-54.
- Ma SY, Kwon WA, Lee JH, Min DK. The effects of spinal decompression combined with therapeutic modalities for patients with lumbar radiculopathy. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2013;14(1):336-43.
- Kim YK, Kim KT. The effects of aqua rehabilitation exercise on motion function and low back pain in chronic back pain. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2009;18(2):1010-30.
- Park CB. Effects of rehabilitation exercise in aqua and land by treatment period on pain, lumbar muscular strength, and flexibility of patients with low-back pain. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2016;25(2):1031-40.
- Huh SW, Yun YI, Lee DH, Yoo HJ, Jeong SH, Park J, Lee HH, Lee SH, Jung BH. The comparative study on the effect of motion style acupuncture treatment using sandbag in lumbar disc herniation with low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2016;26(1):79-86.
- Cho JH, Lee HE, Song JH, Moon JY, Lim MJ, Kang I, Jang HS, Park YE. Case series of MST treatment in lumbar disc herniation patients with walking disability. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine and Nerves. 2007;2(2):131-40.
- Hootman JM, Macera CA, Ainsworth BE, Martin M, Addy CL, Blair SN. Association among physical activity level, cardiorespiratory fitness, and risk of musculoskeletal injury. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2001;154(3):251-8.
- Siegel PZ, Brackbill RM, Heath GW. The epidemiology of walking for exercise: implications for promoting activity among sedentary groups. American Journal of Public Health. 1995;85(5):706-10.
- Wegner I, Widyahening IS, van Tulder MW, Blomberg S, de Vet HC, Bronfort G, Bouter LM, van der Heijden GJ. Traction for low-back pain with or without sciatica. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;8(8):3.
- Park WS, Lee J, Park JM, Jung SY, Kim SY, Shin JS. Clinical study on 2 cases of patients of common peroneal nerve palsy (foot drop) improved by motion style treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine. 2005;6(1):119-26.
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기