Medical adhesive related skin injury after dental surgery
An 87-year-old woman was referred for the extraction of residual teeth and removal of tori prior to prosthetic treatment. After surgery under general anesthesia, the surgical tape was removed to detach the bispectral index sensor and the hair cover. After the surgical tape was removed, skin injury occurred on the left side of her face. After epidermis repositioning and ointment application, a dressing was placed over the injury. Her wound was found to have healed completely on follow-up examination. Medical adhesive related skin injury (MARSI) is a complication that can occur after surgery and subjects at the extremes of age with fragile skin are at a higher risk for such injuries. Careful assessment of the risk factors associated with MARSI is an absolute necessity.
- McNichol L, Lund C, Rosen T, Gray M. Medical adhesives and patient safety: state of the science: consensus statements for the assessment, prevention, and treatment of adhesive-related skin injuries. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 2013; 32: 267-81.
- Lober CW, Fenske NA. Cutaneous aging: effect of intrinsic changes on surgical considerations. South Med J 1991; 84: 1444-6.
- Cutting KF. Impact of adhesive surgical tape and wound dressings on the skin, with reference to skin stripping. J Wound Care 2008; 17: 157-62.
- Groom M, Shannon RJ, Chakravarthy D, Fleck CA. An evaluation of costs and effects of a nutrient-based skin care program as a component of prevention of skin tears in an extended convalescent center. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 2010; 37: 46-51.
- LeBlanc K, Baranoski S, Skin Tear Consensus Panel Members. Skin tears: state of the science: consensus statements for the prevention, prediction, assessment, and treatment of skin tears(c). Adv Skin Wound Care 2011; 24: 2-15.
- Conway J, Whettam J. Adverse reactions to wound dressings. Nurs Stand 2002; 16: 52-4, 56, 58 passim.
- Norris P, Storrs FJ. Allergic contact dermatitis to adhesive bandages. Dermatol Clin 1990; 8: 147-52.
- Bryant RA. Types of skin damage and differential diagnosis. In: Bryant R, Nix D, eds. Acute & Chronic wounds: Current Management Concepts. 4th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby 2012: 83-107.
- Zeng LA, Lie SA, Chong SY. Comparison of Medical Adhesive Tapes in Patients at Risk of Facial Skin Trauma under Anesthesia. Anesthesiol Res Pract 2016; 2016: 4878246.
- Grove GL, Zerweck CR, Houser TP, Smith GE, Koski NI. A randomized and controlled comparison of gentleness of 2 medical adhesive tapes in healthy human subjects. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 2013; 40: 51-9.
- LaVelle BE. Reducing the risk of skin trauma related to medical adhesives. Manag Infect Control 2004; 182: 1289-94.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2018 "Fatal vocal cord granuloma after orthognathic surgery" Journal of dental anesthesia and pain medicine 18 (6): 375~378
- 2018 "Optimal effective-site concentration of remifentanil for sedation during plate removal of maxilla" Journal of dental anesthesia and pain medicine 18 (5): 295~300
- 2019 "Remifentanil promotes osteoblastogenesis by upregulating Runx2/osterix expression in preosteoblastic C2C12 cells" Journal of dental anesthesia and pain medicine 19 (2): 91~99
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기