연산 특성을 고려한 향상된 적응적 가비지 컬렉션 정책
An Advanced Adaptive Garbage Collection Policy by Considering the Operation Characteristics
NAND flash memory has widely been used because of non-volatility, low power consumption and fast access time. However, it suffers from inability to provide update-in-place and the erase cycle is limited. The unit of read/write operation is a page and the unit of erase operation is a block. Moreover erase operation is slower than other operations. We proposed the Adaptive Garbage Collection (called "AGC") policy which focuses on not only reducing garbage collection process time for real-time guarantee but also wear-leveling for a flash memory lifetime. The AGC performs better than Cost-benefit policy and Greedy policy. But the AGC does not consider the operation characteristics. So we proposed the Advanced Adaptive Garbage Collection (called "A-AGC") policy which considers the page write operation count and block erase operation count. The A-AGC reduces the write operations by considering the data update frequency and update data size. Also, it reduces the erase operations by considering the file fragmentation. We implemented the A-AGC policy and measured the performance compared with the AGC policy. Simulation results show that the A-AGC policy performs better than AGC, specially for append operation.
- F. Douglis, R Caceres, M.F. Kaashock, P. Krishnan, K, Li, B, Marsh, J. Tauber, "Storage Alternative for Mobile Computers," Proceedings of the 1st USENIX Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, pp. 25-37, 1994.
- M.L. Chiang, P.C.H, Lee, R.C Chang, "Managing Flash Memory in Personal Communication Devices," Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Consumer Electronics, pp. 177-182, 1997,
- M.L. Chiang, RC .Chang, "Cleaning Policies in Mobile Computers Using Flash Memory," Journal of System and Software, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 213-231, 1999.
- A. Kawaguchi, S, Nishioka, H. Motoda "A Flash Memory Based File System," Proceedings of 1995 USENIX Technical Conference, pp. 155-164, 1995.
- Y.H. Jang, S.H. Kim, S.H. Hwang, M.S. Lee, C.H. Park, "Tracking Cold Blocks for Static Wear Leveling in FTL-based NAND Flash Memory," IEMEK Journal of Embedded Systems and Applications, Vol. 12, No.3, pp. 185-192, 2017 (in Korean).
- S.H. Park, JH. Lee, W.O. Lee, H.E. Kim, “A Adaptive Garbage Collection Policy for Flash-Memory Storage System in Embedded System,” IEMEK Journal of Embedded Systems and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 121-130, 2017 (in Korean).
- V. Prabhakaran, T. Wobber, "SSD Extension for DiskSim Simulation Environment." Microsoft Research 2009.
- K9GAG08UOM 2G x 8bit MLC NAND Flash Memory Data Sheet, Samsung Electronics, https://www.samsung.com. 2007.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기