한류 화장품 광고모델의 특성이 브랜드 개성과 브랜드 태도에 미치는 영향 - 중국 소비자를 중심으로 -
The Effect of Advertising Models' Characteristics of Hallyu Cosmetics on Brand Personality and Brand Attitude: Focused on Chinese Consumers
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effect of characteristics of advertising model on brand personality and the effect of brand personality on brand attitude; and analyze whether the characteristics of the advertising model have a direct effect on the brand attitude or indirectly through the brand personality. A survey was conducted from August 10, 2017 until August 31, 2017, and 400 respondents' survey results were analyzed. For data analysis, SPSS 23.0 was utilized to perform descriptive statistics, factor analysis, t-test, and regression analysis. As a result, five brand personality factors were derived, which are aesthetics, safety/expertise, sophistication, pro-environment, youth, respectively. For advertising model characteristics, seven factors were derived, which are credibility, visibility, attractiveness, expertise, similarity, likeability, and familiarity, respectively. This study investigated the relationship between characteristics of cosmetics advertising model, brand personality, and brand attitude. Brand personality does not play a mediating role between advertising model's characteristics and brand attitude. Advertising model's characteristics have a direct effect on the brand attitude. Consequently, Cosmetics companies should recognize the importance of the characteristics of advertising model and implement the marketing strategy by carefully selecting the advertising model so that consumers can relate the characteristics of advertisement model to the brand attitude which will ultimately lead to positive evaluation of the brand.
- Aaker, J. L. (1997). Dimensions of brand personality. Journal of Marketing Research, 347-356. doi:10.2307/3151897
- Allport, G. W. (1935). Attitudes. In Murchison, C. (Ed.), A handbook of social psychology (pp. 798-844). Worcester, MA, US: Clark University Press.
- An, G. H., & Yu, C. J. (2002). Introduction to advertising & promotion management. Seoul: Bobmunsa.
- Baker, M. J., & Churchill Jr, G. A. (1977). The impact of physically attractive models on advertising evaluations. Journal of Marketing Research, 14(4), 538-555. doi:10.2307/3151194
- Baron, R. M., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. doi:10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.113
- Cha, B. K. (1990). The mediating role of attitude toward advertisement on ad effect: An reexamination of the Fishbein's attitude model. Journal of Communication Research, 27, 3-39.
- Choi, Y. H., Ju, X. M., & Kim, B. C. (2009). A study on parasocial interaction and advertising effect of hallu star celebrity endorser in China. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 11(2), 100-126.
- Erdogan, B. Z. (1999). Celebrity endorsement: A literature review. Journal of Marketing Management, 15(4), 291-314. doi:10.1362/026725799784870379
- Erdogan, B. Z., Baker, M. J., & Tagg, S. (2001). Selecting celebrity endorsers: The practitioner's perspective. Journal of Advertising Research, 41(3), 39-48. doi:10.2501/JAR-41-3-39-48
- Fan, Q. J. (2005). A study on the effects of attributes of sports star advertising models on purchase intension: Focusing on the low involvement products. Unpublished master's thesis, Paichai University, Daejeon.
- Fournier, S. (1998). Consumers and their brands: Developing relationship theory in consumer research. Journal of Consumer Research, 24(4), 343-373. doi:10.1086/209515
- Goldsmith, R. E., Barbara, A. L., & Stephen, J. N. (2000). The impact of corporate credibility and celebrity credibility on consumer reaction to advertisements and brands. Journal of Advertising, 29(3), 43-54. doi:10.1080/00913367.2000.10673616
- Hong, S. M. (2012). The effects of advertising model attribute factors on brand image and purchasing intension: Focusing on the comparison of cosmetics and electronics advertisement by identical advertising model. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Hwang, T. K., & Song, C. H. (2011). A study on influence of citybrand elements upon city-brand personality and assets value. Northeast Asia Tourism Research, 7(2), 185-213.
- Jang, K. S. (2001). The influence of congruence between brand personality and self-image on attitude toward brand. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Jeong, W. S. (2009). A study on Chinese culture industry market participants: Focused on 3C (Company, Customer, Competitor). The Journal of Modern China Studies, 11(1), 145-193.
- Ju, I. (2017, May 8). 2016 [Analysis of the scale and development status of Korean cosmetics market in 2016]. Retrieved October 1, 2017, from https://www.qianzhan.com/analyst/detail/220/170508-dd8115ac.html
- Kahle, L. R., & Homer, P. M. (1985). Physical attractiveness of the celebrity endorser: A social adaptation perspective. Journal of Consumer Research, 11(4), 954-961. doi:10.1086/209029
- Keller, K. (1993). Conceptualizing, measuring and managing customer-based brand equity. Journal of Marketing, 57(1), 1-22. doi:10.2307/1252054
- Kim, C. G. (2008). The effects of entertainment star model on the advertising effectiveness in the food service industry. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungwon University, Seongnam.
- Kim, J. I. (2016). The impact of VMD characteristics on brand personality and brand attitudes. Unpublished master's thesis, Pusan National University, Busan.
- Kim, J. J., & Park, M. R. (2012). The impact of celebrity endorsers' credibility and attractiveness on attitude toward advertisements and brands. Journal of Marketing Studies, 20(2), 53-72.
- Kim, K. S. (2011). The effects of the perceived call center service quality on service loyalty: Focused on mediating effects of the perceived brand personality. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, SangMyung University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. D., Youn, M. K., & Kim, K. S. (2012). A study of the effect of model characteristics on purchasing intentions and brand attitudes. Journal of Distribution Science, 10(4), 47-53.
- Kim, Y. G. (2000). 브랜드 개성의 유형과 영향요인에 관한 연구: 제품 특성과 소비자 요인을 중심으로 [A study on the types and affecting factors of brand personality: focusing on product characteristics and consumer factors]. Advertising Research, 49, 29-53.
- Lee, H. B., & Jeong, I. G. (1997). 유명인 광고모델속성이 광고태도와 상표태도에 미치는 영향 [The effect of celebrity advertising models' attributes on advertising attitude and brand attitude]. The Korean Journal Of Advertising, 8(2), 167-181.
- Lee, M. Y. (2009). Study on the effects of commercial models of women's cosmetics: In terms of characteristics of models according to gender. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. H., & Jeong, G. Y. (2016). A study on the effect of hallyu stars as advertisement models of Korean cosmetics brands on hallyu stars attachment and brand authenticity: Focused on Chinese consumers. International Area Studies Review, 20(2), 141-172. doi:10.21212/IASR.20.2.7
- Lee, S. H. (2005). Congruence between brand image and advertisement model on fashion advertisement effect. Journal of Fashion Business, 9(4), 161-169.
- McGracken, G. (1989). Who if the celebrity endorser? Cultural foundation of the endorsement process. Journal of Consumer Research, 16(3), 310-321. doi:10.1086/209217
- Ohanian, R. (1990). Construction and validation of a scale to measure celebrity endorsers' perceived, trustworthiness, and attractiveness. Journal of Advertising, 19(3), 39-52. doi:10.1080/00913367.1990.10673191
- Oh, J. S. (2002). A study of how brand personality affects brand loyalty: Focused on FCB Grid model. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Park, S. H. (2011). Celebrities and contents' advertising attributes influencing attitude toward advertising, attitude toward brand and purchase intention in food service franchise. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sejong University, Seoul.
- Park, S. H. (2012). A study on ad attitude and purchase intention of contents and celebrities' advertising attributes in foodservice industry. The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure, 24(8), 219-238.
- Patzer, G. L. (1985). The physical attractiveness phenomena. New York: Plenum Press.
- Plummer, J. T. (1985). How personality makes a difference. Journal of Advertising Research, 24(6), 27-31.
- Rossiter, J. R., & Percy, L. (1980). Advertising strategy: A communication theory approach. New York: Praeger.
- Seo, J. M. (2008). The effects of Japanese tourists' perceptions of hallyu celebrities' advertising attributes on creating company's image, reliance and customer loyalty. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sejong University, Seoul.
- Shim, S. Y. (1996). A study on the relationship between advertising model characters and advertising effects: Focusing on Korean coffee market. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsel University, Seoul.
- Shimp, T. A. (2010). Integrated marketing communication in advertising and promotion (8th ed.). Mason, Ohio: Thomson South-Western.
- Sirgy, M. J. (1982). Self-concept in consumer behavior: A critical review. Journal of Consumer Research, 9(3), 287-300. doi:10.1086/208924
- Till, B. D., & Busler, M. (2000). The match-up hypothesis: Physical attractiveness, expertise, and the role of fit on brand attitude, purchase intent and brand belief. Journal of Advertising, 29(3), 1-13. doi:10.1080/00913367.2000.10673613
- Yang, J. (2015). A replication of the flexibile model of country-oforigin effects : Hallyu (韓流) and Chinese attitude on Korean cosmetics brands. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Yoo, C. J., Lee, S. H., & Hwang, T. G. (2008). Exploratory study on the effects of city characteristics on city brand personality and city evaluation. Asia Marketing Journal, 10(3), 31-57.
- Zhang, H. X. (2009). A study on the impacts of the characters' attractiveness on product attitude and purchase intention in PPL advertisement. Unpublished master's thesis, Dong-A University, Busan.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "성인여성의 취업유형에 따른 쇼핑성향 및 구매기준 비교연구" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 42 (3): 51~64
- 2005 "한국 패션 문화 상품의 고부가가치화를 위한 대응전략 연구" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 29 (7): 968~977
- 2005 "가정생활주기에 따른 의복추구 혜택과 패션 정보원 유형 연구" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 29 (2): 220~230
- 2006 "소비자의 시간압박 수준에 따른 패션정보원, 추구혜택, 구매기준 비교연구" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 30 (1): 20~30
- 2006 "한국패션문화상품 소비자에 대한 시장세분화와 구매행동연구 - 방한 일본관광객을 중심으로 -" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 8 (4): 427~432
- 2007 "의복추구혜택에 따른 중.노년기 여성 세분시장의 구매기준 및 패션정보원 비교분석" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 45 (5): 39~49
- 2007 "TV드라마 협찬의상의 PPL(Product Placement)광고효과 -청소년기 여학생을 중심으로-" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 9 (2): 221~228
- 2008 "TV드라마 의상관심도, 유행관여도, 자의식 수준이 PPL(Product Placement)효과에 미치는 영향" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 10 (3): 281~288
- 2008 "패션 유통업태간 소비자가 요구하는 판매원의 서비스 차원 비교(I) - 백화점, 할인점, 아울렛몰을 중심으로 -" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 10 (3): 289~297
- 2008 "Mixture model을 이용한 홈쇼핑 이용자의 시장세분화와 세분시장의 특성: 인구통계학적변수와 구매행동변수의 통합적 사용" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 10 (5): 589~600
- NDSL :
- (사)한국의류산업학회 : 저널
- KCI :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기