석유계 총 탄화수소(Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons, TPH) 분획분석법을 이용한 지하수 중 유류오염물질 분포특성 평가
Evaluation of Distribution Characteristics for Petroleum Hydrocarbon in Groundwater by TPH Fraction Analysis
Total petroleum hydrocarbon (TPH) is a mixture of various oil substances composed of alkane, alkene, cycloalkane, and aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene, etc.). In this study, we investigated 92 groundwater wells around 36 gas stations to evaluate distribution characteristics of petroleum hydrocarbons. Groundwater in the wells was sampled and monitored twice a year. The fraction analysis method of TPH was developed based on TNRCC 1006. The test results indicated aliphatic and aromatic fractions accounted for 28.6 and 73.8%, respectively. The detection frequencies of TPH in the monitoring wells ranged in 21.6 - 24.2%. The average concentration of TPH was 0.11 mg/L with the concentration range of 0.25~0.99 mg/L. In the result of TPH fraction analysis, in aliphatic fractions were 19% (C6-C8 : 0.2%, C8-C10 : 0.4%, C10-C12 : 0.4%, C12-C16 : 0.5%, C16-C22 : 1.0%, C22-C36 : 16.6%), and aromatic fractions were 81% (C6-C8 : 1.1%, C8-C10 : 0%, C10-C12 : 2.9%, C12-C16 : 0.3%, C16-C22 : 4%, C22-C36 : 66.8%). Fractions of C22-C36 were detected in about 83% of the monitoring wells, suggesting non-degradable characteristics of hydrocarbons with high carbon content.
- API, 2001, Frequently Asked Questions About TPH Analytical Methods for Crude oil, API Publication 4709, American Petroleum Institute Publishing Services.
- API, 2001, Risk-Based Methodologies for Evaluating Petroleum Hydrocarbon Impacts at Oil and Natural Gas E&P Sites, API Publication 4709, American Petroleum Institute Publishing Services.
- CCME, 2008, Canada-Wide Standard for Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soil : Scientific Rationale - Supporting Technical Document, Canadian Council of Ministery of the Environment.
- Cey, E.E., Rudolph, D.L., Aravena, R., and Parkin, G., 1999, Role of riparian zone in controlling the distribution and fate of agricultural nitrogen near a small stream in southern Ontario, J. Con. Hyd., 37, 45-67.
- Choi, H.M., Lee, J.Y., and Park, Y.C., 2010, A study on groundwater quality and biodegradability at the petroleum contaminated sites of Kangwon and Gyeonggi provinces, Korea, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 15(2), 24-33.
- Fedorak, P.M. and Westlake, D.W.S., 1981, Microbial-Degradation of aromatics and saturates in prudhoe bay crude-oil as determined by glass-capillary gas-chromatography, Can. J. Microbiol., 27, 432-443.
- Hyun, S.G., Woo, N.C., Shin, W.S., and Hamm, S.Y., 2006, Characteristics of groundwater quality in a riverbank filtration area, Econ. Environ. Geol., 39(2), 151-162.
- Jeong, S.W. and An, Y.J., 2007, Soil investigation strategies for soil risk assessment, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 12(1), 36-43.
- Kim, J.Y., Kim, D.H., Kim, T.S., Han, J.S., Lee, J.Y., and No, H.J., 2012, Analytical method of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in petroleum contaminated soils - focuesed on the 16 US EPA Priority PAHs, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 17(5), 20-30.
- Kaplan, I.R., Galperin, Y., Alimi, H.M., Lee, R., and Lu, S., 1996, Patterns of chemical changes during environmental alteration of hydrocarbon fuels. Groundwater Monitoring & Remediation, 16, 113-124.
- Lang, D.A., 2011, Characterisation of polar unresolved complex mixtures in groundwater associated with weathered petroleum. Ph. D. Curtin Univ., Department of Applied Chemistry.
- MADEP, 2004a, Method for The Determination of Extractable Petroleum Hydrocarbons (EPH), Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- MADEP, 2004b, Method for the Determination of Volatile Petroleum Hydrocarbons (VPH), Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- MOE, 2013, Development of Estimation and Modeling Techniques of Groundwater-Derived Pollution Load in Stream.
- Na, C.K. and Son, C.I., 2005, Groundwater quality and pollution characteristics at Seomjin river basin : pollution source and risk assessment, Econ. Environ. Geol., 33(3), 261-272.
- NJDEP, 2010, Analysis of Extractable Petroleum Hydrocarbon Compounds (EPH) in Aqueous and Soil/Sediment/Sludge Matrices, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Oh, J.S., Kim, H.R., Lee, J.H., Kim, K.H., Choi, K.J., Kim, H.K., and Yun, S.T., 2018, Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater in an area affected by pig carcass burial : leakage detection, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 23(1), 30-40.
- Park, I.S. and J.W. Park, 2010, A novel total petroleum hydrocarbon fractionation strategy for human health risk assessment for petroleum hydrocarbon-contaminated site management., J. Hazard. Mater., 179, 1128-1135.
- Park, I.S. and Park, J.W., 2011, Human health risk assessment strategy to evaluate non-carcinogenic adverse health effect from total petroleum hydrocarbon at POL-contaminated sites in Korea, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 16(4), 10-22.
- RBCA, 2007, Atlantic RBCA (risk-based corrective action) Version 3 : Ecological Screening Protocol for Petroleum Impacted Sites in Atlantic Canada - Scientific Rationale to Support the Adoption/Development of tier 1 Ecological Screening Levels for Soil, Surface water, Groundwater and Sediment, Atlantic PIRI.
- TNRCC, 2001, TNRCC 1006 method.
- TPHCWG, 1998a, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Criteria Working Group Series : Analysis of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Environmental Media, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Criteria Working Group.
- TPHCWG, 1998b, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Criteria Working Group Series : Selection of Respresentative Fractions Based on Fate and Transport Considerations, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Criteria Working Group.
- US EPA, 2015, Evaluation of Risk from TPH Fractions in Selected Groundwater Monitoring well Data for Portland Harbor Sites.
- Lee, E.J., Woo, N.C., Lee, B.S., and Kim, Y.B., 2008, Variation in nitrate contamination of shallow groundwater in a farmland in Gyeonggi-do, Korea. Econ. Environ. Geol., 41(4), 393-403.
- 환경부, 2016, 수질오염공정시험기준 ES 04502. 1b,
- 환경부, 2015, 토양오염공정시험기준 ES 07552. 1b.
- US EPA, 1996, Method 3630c Silica-gel Clean up (version 3).
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2018.23.5.026
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기