연료전지 전극촉매용 팔라듐 나노입자 형상 제어 및 산소환원반응 성능 평가
Preparation of Shape-Controlled Palladium Nanoparticles for Electrocatalysts and Their Performance Evaluation for Oxygen Reduction Reaction
To design the practical core-shell electrocatalysts, combination of core and shell materials is important to meet catalytic activity and durability target. In general, Pd is considered as a good core material due to its best activity caused by strain/ligand effect. Preparing Pd nanoparticles can be a starting point in fabricating core-shell type electrocatalysts, much simplified Pd preparing process is suggested by using carbon monoxide (CO) as a reducing agent and/or capping agent. The solvent composition and reaction temperature can control to nanosheet, tetrahedron, and sphere without using additional stabilizer. Among them, Pd nanosheet which has mainly (111) plane showed about 3 times higher electrocatalytic activity for oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) to the spherical Pd nanoparticles. The enhanced ORR activity of Pd nanosheets can be attributed to the exposure of Pd (111) surface and the high electrochemical surface area. Therefore, we demonstrated that the shape of Pd nanomaterials is easily controlled via a facile reduction method using CO, and (111) plane-oriented Pd nanosheets can be a promising ORR catalysts and core material for polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFCs).
- J. H. Wee, "Applications of proton exchange membrane fuel cell systems", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 11, 2007, pp. 1720-1738.
- M. H. Yi, J. S. Choi, and B. W. Roh, "Synthesis and durability of carbon-supported catalysts for PEMFC", Trans. of the korean hydrogen and new energy society, Vol. 26, No. 4, 2015, pp. 318-323.
- J. W. Yang, C. K. Choi, H. I. Joh, J. J. Park, and Y. C. Kown, "A study on oxygen reduction reaction of PtM electrocatalysts synthesized on graphene for proton exchange membrane fuel cell", Trans. of the korean hydrogen and new energy society, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2014, pp. 378-385.
- H. Zhong, H. Zhang, G. Liu, Y. Liang, J. Hu, and B. Yi, "A novel non-noble electrocatalyst for PEM fuel cell based on molybdenum nitride", Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 8, 2006, pp. 707-712.
- L. Zhang, J. Zhang, D. P. Wilkinson, and H. Wang, "Progress in preparation of non-noble electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cell reactions", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 156, 2006, pp. 171-182.
V. R. Stamenkovic, B. Fowler, B. S. Mun, G. Wang, P. N. Ross, C. A. Lucas, and N. M. Markovic, "Improved oxygen reduction activity on
$Pt_3Ni(111)$via increased surface site availability", Science, Vol. 315, 2007, pp. 493-497.
- J. Greeley, I. E. L. Stephens, A. S. Bondarenko, T. P. Johansson, H. A. Hansen, T. F. Jaramillo, J. Rossmeisl, I. Chorkendorff, and J. K. Norskov, "Alloys of platinum and early transition metals as a oxygen reduction electrocatalysts", Nature Chemistry, Vol. 1, 2009, pp. 552-556.
- P. Strasser and S. Kuhl, "Dealloyed Pt-based core-shell oxygen reduction electrocatalysts", Nano Energy, Vol. 29, 2016, pp. 166-177.
- R. R. Adzic, J. Zhang, K. Sasaki, M. B. Vukmirovic, M. Shao, J. X. Wang, A. U. Nilekar, M. Mavrikakis, J. A. Valerio, and F. Uribe, "Platinum monolayer fuel cell electrocatalysts", Topics in Catalysis, Vol. 46, 2007, pp. 249-262.
- J. Zhang, M.B. Vukmirovic, Y. Xu, M. Mavrikakis, and R. R. Adzic, "Controlling the catalytic activity of platinum-monolayer electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction with different substrates", Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 117, 2005, pp. 2170-2173.
- L. Zhang, S. Zhu, Q. Chang, D. Su, J. Yue, Z. Du, and M. Shao, "Palladium-platinum core-shell electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction prepared with the assistance of citric acid", ACS Catalysis, Vol. 6, 2016, pp. 3428-3432.
- J. Zhang, "Recent advances in cathode electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cells", Frontiers in Energy, Vol. 5, 2011, pp. 137-148.
- J. X. Wang, H. Inada, L. Wu, Y. Zhu, Y. Choi, P. Liu, W. P. Zhou, and R. R. Adzic, "Oxygen reduction on well-defined core-shell nanocatalysts: particle size, facet, and Pt shell thickness effects", Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 131, 2009, pp. 17298-17302.
- K. Naito, M. Nakamura, O. Sakata, and N. Hoshi, "Surface x-ray scattering of Pd (111) and Pd (100) electrodes during the oxygen reduction reaction", Electrochemistry, Vol. 79, 2011, pp. 256-260.
- N. Hoshi, M. Nakamura, and S. Kondo, "Oxygen reduction reaction on the low index planes of palladium electrodes modified with a monolayer of platinum film", Electrochemistry communications, Vol. 11, 2009, pp. 2282-2284.
- M. Tamura and H. Fujihara, "Chiral bisphosphine MINAP-stabilized gold and palladium nanoparticles with small size and their palladium nanoparticle-catalyzed asymmetric reaction", Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 125, 2003, pp. 15742-15743.
- N. Toshima, Y. Shiraishi, T. Teranishi, M. Miyake, T. Tominaga, H. Watanabe, W. Brijoux, H. Bonnemann, and G. Schmid, "Various ligand-stabilized metal nanoclusters as homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts in the liquid phase", Applied Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 15, 2001, pp. 178-196.
- Y. Xlong, H. Cal, B. J. Wlley, J. Wang, M. J. Kim, and Y. Xia, "Synthesis and mechanistic study of palladium nanobars and nanorods", Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 129, 2007, pp. 3665-3675.
- E. Higuchi, K. Hayashi, M. Chiku, and H. Inoue, "Simple preparation of Au nanoparticles and their application to Au core/Pt shell catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction", Electrocatalysis, Vol. 3, 2012, pp. 274-283.
- H. Inoue, R. Sakai, T. Kuwahara, M. Chiku, and E. Higuchi, "Simple preparation of Pd core nanoparticles for Pd core/Pt shell catalyst and evaluation of activity and durability for oxygen reduction reaction", Catalysts, Vol. 5, 2015, pp. 1375-1387.
- J. Fan, K. Qi, H. Chen, W. Zheng, and X. Cui, "Morphology dependence of electrochemical properties on palladium nanocrystals", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 490, 2017, pp. 190-196.
- U. J. J. Haza, E. J. P. Fontdevila, A. M. Wilhelm, and H. Delmas, "Solubility of hydrogen and carbon monoxide in water and some organic solvents", Latin American Applied Research, Vol. 34, 2004, pp. 71-74.
- J. Zheng, S. Zhou, S. Gu, B. Xu, and Y. Yan, "Size-dependent hydrogen oxidation and evolution activities on supported palladium nanoparticles in acid and base", Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 163, 2016. pp. 499-506.
- X. Xie, Y. Nie, S. Chen, W. Ding, X. Qi, L. Li, and Z. Wei, "A catalyst superior to carbon-supported-platinum for promotion of the oxygen reduction reaction: reduced-polyoxometalate supported palladium", Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Vol. 3, 2015, pp. 13962-13969.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기