본문 바로가기
HOME> 논문 > 논문 검색상세

논문 상세정보

Non-Infectious Ischiogluteal Bursitis: MRI Findings

Cho, Kil-Ho    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Korea.   ); Lee, Sung Moon    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Keimyung University College of Medicine, Korea.   ); Lee, Young Hwan    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Daegu Hyosung Catholic University College of Medicine, Korea.   ); Suh, Kyung Jin    (Suh & Joo MR Clinic, Korea.   ); Kim, Sung Moon    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Korea.   ); Shin, Myung Jin    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Korea.   ); Jang, Han Won    (Department of Diagnositic Radiology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Korea.  );
  • 초록

    Objective We wished to report on the MRI findings of non-infectious ischiogluteal bursitis. Materials and Methods The MRI findings of 17 confirmed cases of non-infectious ischiogluteal bursitis were analyzed: four out of the 17 cases were confirmed with surgery, and the remaining 13 cases were confirmed with MRI plus the clinical data. Results The enlarged bursae were located deep to the gluteus muscles and postero-inferior to the ischial tuberosity. The superior ends of the bursal sacs abutted to the infero-medial aspect of the ischial tuberosity. The signal intensity within the enlarged bursa on T1-weighted image (WI) was hypo-intense in three cases (3/17, 17.6%), iso-intense in 10 cases (10/17, 58.9%), and hyper-intense in four cases (4/17, 23.5%) in comparison to that of surrounding muscles. The bursal sac appeared homogeneous in 13 patients (13/17, 76.5%) and heterogeneous in the remaining four patients (4/17, 23.5%) on T1-WI. On T2-WI, the bursa was hyper-intense in all cases (17/17, 100%); it was heterogeneous in 10 cases and homogeneous in seven cases. The heterogeneity was variable depending on the degree of the blood-fluid levels and the septae within the bursae. With contrast enhancement, the inner wall of the bursae was smooth (5/17 cases), and irregular (12/17 cases) because of the synovial proliferation and septation. Conclusion Ischiogluteal bursitis can be diagnosed with MRI by its characteristic location and cystic appearance.


  • 주제어

    Bursa .   Bursitis .   Hip .   Inflammatoin .   Magnet resonance (MR) .   Soft tissues.  

 활용도 분석

  • 상세보기

    amChart 영역
  • 원문보기

    amChart 영역

원문보기

무료다운로드
유료다운로드
  • 원문이 없습니다.

유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.

원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.

NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.

이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기